Info & Tips
Feral Cat Mondays
Every Monday the Humane Society of Tampa Bay accepts feral cats in traps for TNVR services at our Animal Hospital. Below are instructions for how to participate:
- Drop off is between 6:30 am and 9 am each Monday.
- Drop offs any day other than Monday must be pre-approved by our Community Outreach Manager.
- Only one cat may be in each trap and we will not accept cats in carriers or cages.
- You may not transfer cats from a carrier to a trap, they must come to us in approved traps.
- Pick up is between 4:30 and 5:00 pm. We close at 5:00 so you must come by 5:00 pm.
- When you pick up, the cats must also leave in approved traps, not carriers or cages.
- Cats should be kept in the trap overnight and released the next day. You should cover the trap and be sure they have clean water and food.
Rent a trap
Traps can be rented at the Humane Society of Tampa Bay's Animal Hospital at 3809 N. Armenia Avenue, seven days a week from 8:30 am – 4 pm. The rental fee is $5 and a deposit of $95 which will not be charged unless the trap is lost, damaged or not returned.
Helpful hints for successful trapping
- Do not feed the cats for 2 days, (Friday, Saturday) set the traps on Sunday morning.
- The best food to entice them into the traps are tuna in oil, sardines or de-boned fried chicken.
- Once the cats have been trapped, move them to a safe, quiet area and cover the trap.
- You may give the cats food and water while they are in the trap.
For more information please contact Darlene Esposito, Community Outreach Manager, at 813-625-0910 or via email at TNVR@humanesocietytampa.org